Friday, November 11, 2011

Free Falling

Well, life sure has its ups and downs. Bill came home Wednesday night to tell me he had been laid off yet again. Only this time he won't be called back. His boss is thinking of closing up shop. So here we go again on our roller coaster ride of unemployment benefits and the great unknown. 


I think having been through this once before has left us a bit less stressed than the last time...but having to start over at 44 won't be easy. This comes as a mixed blessing (my optimistic soul talking) as Bill is no spring chicken. He has a lot of miles on his body. He really could use a job that doesn't take such a toll, and something indoors would be good. Another positive, they predict a bad winter, and I have one less thing to worry about with him not being stuck out in it.


In other breaking news...Bills sister and her hubby bought us a brand new wood burning stove. We are all so excited! What a gift!  Our furnace went kaput last spring. I have always always wanted a fireplace. They are so cozy. I cannot wait for that first fire...which if today's weather is any indication, won't be far off.  I will post pics once it is up and running. B and I need to pick out some tile so he can make a safe pad for it to sit on. 


H has moved back home and I am happy to have her. She belongs with her family. My sister has been so good to us, and I hope she is not too unhappy, but H needs to be with us. 


It's Friday and I am glad. It is very chilly. I get to spend some much needed girl time with an old friend tomorrow and I look forward to the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment