Thursday, July 7, 2011

Celebrating freedom down on the farm

Our much needed 3 day weekend for the 4th of July was eventful. Friday we did nothing and enjoyed every bit of it.  Saturday, we got an unexpected new member of the family.  Late last week E and I were heading to lunch, when she saw a sign for Pomeranian puppies for sale.  We have been looking for one for quite some time. In fact Pom's are H's dream dog. So on Saturday a.m. we got up, went shopping, got my hair cut, chems for the pool...and Moose our new 7 wk old Pom. OMG is he the cutest!!!  As with Tucker, the hit of the neighborhood. Speaking of Tucker, I think he is in love too.  We wanted company for him, and they get along very well.  Tuck almost seems to know that Moose is a baby and he needs to play easy.  It is so fun to watch a tiny 1 pound dog go all ninja on a 70 pound Golden. It is great fun.

Sunday brought our trip to R and A's farm in Swanton. The older the boys get the more fun they have...and me too. I actually reached the point that I can sit and visit while they run all over the place. God were they filthy and tired. I left before B did and the boys stayed behind with him.  They didn't get home until 1 a.m. We all slept until about 11.  Joey came Monday and stayed the day. We swam, had steaks on the grill and some beer. It was a nice afternoon. Bill and I took the kids for ice cream in the evening. All in all a great weekend. 






I am looking forward to this weekend as we have not much planned.  E and I are going to Findlay on Saturday a.m. to take her drivers test. Lord I hope she passes...that is a long drive for her to fail. Manuverability makes her sweat. We spent an hour last night practicing...I think she can swing it...if her nerves don't get the better of her. Other than that, I don't want to do much. I am not in the mood for a house full...which we usually have what with the pool open etc. Always someone under foot, always someone eating me out of house and home, never a clean dry towel for me.  I have no voice today...so strange, I don't feel sick, but I can't talk but a whisper. Very weird. I hope it goes away soon. It makes work near impossible.  Resting up...that's my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment