Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer still sizzles...and a Birthday.

It is still hot as blazes here in our little corner. Well it is the end of July after all.  I had a surprise visit from my Aunt and Uncle in from NJ. She is my late fathers sister. It was nice to see her, but very strange at the same time. I have always associated her with my dad. This has been the 3rd time I have seen her without him.  We had lunch and a nice catch up visit. Seeing her makes me miss him more...if that is possible.

My birthday followed quickly after our lunch. I worked most of the day. The kids surprised me with a stick family sticker for the back of my truck. Something I have always wanted. It was a total surprise, and I was delighted.  Once home, B bought Chinese for dinner and then a chocolate cake. Our JJ is so all about the birthdays these days.  He gets more excited than the actual birthday boy or girl. I let him blow out my candles, and he sang off key and melted my heart. I am one blessed Momma.

B and I are looking for a new home. The economy is so bad. Our end of town is so bad and getting worse every day. I am in a panic. I need to get out of that end of town. I refuse to let the boys go to the public school here. The element is so...depraved, gross, unwashed, nicotein saturated, foul mouthed degenerates.  I am no perfect person, but God it is really getting scary here.  I know to send them to school here is for them to be lost to me. 

We have looked at a vacant house with 5 bedrooms in the town where B is from.  I could not swing the purchase on my own. My boss however is interested in flipping houses. I gave him the information and he and his wife went and took a look outside.  He said he and she are considering a couple options for the house.  I sure hope it works out in our favor. It needs love, but I have lots to give. An acre of land and a fireplace...I have always dreamed of having one. W wants one too. We are kindred spirits.  Our family is all about the cozy, heck we even have B saying the word now and then. I have been praying. They yard alone calls to me. If not that house then perhaps another.....I only pray that the Lord see's his way of getting us out of the nightmare we are currently in.  My boys have seen too much already. I want to go back to the country...and a decent school system.

In the meantime, we trudge on, swimming, eating, and spending tons of time together and trying to ignore the filth and depression around us.  As long as we have each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment