Monday, February 28, 2011

When I found you, somewhere I lost myself.

Marriage is hard, it is work.  It is work in ways I never would have imagined.  As I have mentioned before, my dearly beloved has major childhood damage.  I am finding after 9 yrs with him that I have allowed myself to take a back seat to all the baggage.  I think I need to work on that.  I KNOW I need to work on that.  I think as a woman we feel the need to "reinvent" ourselves so to speak every now and again.  I think that time is coming for me.  This doesn't mean I have to leave, or make huge changes, just pay a bit more attention to ME.  I know he has his issues, but I am making them my issues to the point I get lost along the way....this is MY problem not his.

On the home front, I managed to buy a car over the weekend.  It is very nice, the nicest car I have ever owned.  Still pinching myself actually.  Knitted yet another pair of mittens.  I plan to spend spare time this summer knitting them for the homeless.  Pay it forward with yarn!

So, nothing is new, but lots of things are new...such is life.  Life with a man, 5 kids and an obnoxious dog.  Boring at times, but filled with everyday ordinary miracles that make up life.

No comments:

Post a Comment