Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall, the time for hot chocolatey mornings and toasted marshmellowy nights.

Today is the first day of autumn. Seems like just yesterday I was complaining about the rainy spring not wanting to give over to warm temps. Now as I drive down the road, I notice that subtle change as the fields and wild flowers give their verdure over to the golds, rusts, and browns of fall.  Leaves are turning and I have noticed them gathering along side the curbs and in the corners of the yard. I wait in anticipation of falling buckeyes and acorns for decorating purposes. There is an industrious family of squirrels is treating our black walnut tree out back like manna from Heaven.  Two sugar "pie" pumpkins have already been carefully considered and selected by the boys, and now sit atop the counter. We are burning through candles at a fast and furious rate. Saturdays are filled with Big Ten Football, hoodies, and I have even broken down and made that first pot of chili with cornbread.  Where does the time go? We managed an early trip to McQueen's Orchard, but a bit too early. We will give it a go again this Saturday.
Today W's class has a field trip to Erie Orchards. Boy was he excited...he knows that place like the back of his 6 yr old little paw. Today however, he will get to see the cider press in operation. I cannot wait to get home so he can tell me all about his day.

We also celebrated T's Sweet 16 birthday last Saturday. Still cannot believe she was just 6 when I met B. Her mom and hubby rented a K of C hall and she had pizza, a DJ, and cake. I found myself drug out on the dance floor with her grandma to do the Electric Slide...humiliations galore! I was winded! I am out of shape! But it was fun. She had a nice turn out.






No comments:

Post a Comment