Monday, September 26, 2011

An apple a day and a creepy crawly.

So our second trip to the orchard was a much better trip. There were trees for climbing, apples for picking and of course crunching, pumpkins, fabulous Indian Corn...a surprise with each pull of the husk, and a Praying Mantis that humored us with a close inspection.

We had beautiful weather. Stuffed ourselves with cider and doughnuts. The boys and Tabie had a straw fight, the girl is a good sport.  Cider however, was an astonishing $7.49 a gallon!! Needless to say I did not buy any. Not even if it were from the Fountain of Youth...and even then I would think twice. Bennets Orchard has it for 4 bucks, I am meeting a friend there Saturday to stock up.






W is star of the week at school this week. I am having lunch with him on Thursday.

B ordered the part for our washer...Lord I hope it comes soon! I hate this Laundromat business.

I am hoping to get the last of the summer flowers pulled and replaced with mums and gourds etc this weekend.  Love the fall decorations.  With fall comes some not so pleasant things...like the mouse that scared the living poo out of me last night when I surprised him in my kitchen (insert shudder here) Time for a trip to the store for traps!

No comments:

Post a Comment