Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunrise Sunset

H went to Senior Prom this past Saturday.  E and I took our time dolling her up.  We had fun "girl time"...but for momma bear it was bittersweet.  Where did my little girl go...she seems all grown up.  She looked so very lovely!  She had a fabulous time!  I feel so blessed to have girls to do this sort of thing with.

I have been praying hard core on some issues going on in my world.  We live in a neighborhood that is shall we say past it's prime.  I haaaaate where we live!  Ghetto!  The school systems are broken and the ilk in which my kids will be exposed to makes me cringe!  If it were not for working full time I would home school them in a heart beat.  But I think they need that social interaction and sports etc.  There are charter schools around, but I have yet to hear really positive results from anyone regarding them. I really don't know what to do.  I have laid this at the Lord's feet in hopes that he hears and answers.  I know there is a not so pleasant element in every neighborhood, but we have a large share of the pie. I don't want my kids exposed to things that we don't teach at home.  I guess this makes me needing to be ever diligent in raising them.  We shall see how this all turns out. 


Lord hear my prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment