Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to the jungle

Well, it is turning the corner to spring...even though Mother Nature seemed to miss the memo around here.  Things and hours at work are picking up.  Hooray, because it means good money for us.

Downside...this will be my W's last summer home before kindergarden.  I held him back a year to foster his independence, but alas this year he must go.  I have lots of mommy guilt about working full time.  I was home or at least had my kids with me for the most part with my older 3.  My youngest two have always had a working mom.  Thank God above for my E and H as they have provided a loving daycare environment for them at home.  I guess there is a silver lining in everything. 

I had a few treats this past weekend.  Lunch with a childhood friend on Friday and lunch and shopping with an old friend and a high school friend on Saturday.  My friend returned a quilt my grandma had made, I was so happy to have it back.  My fathers mother made it.  I lost my dad...wow it will be 3 yrs in July.  Getting this quilt back has inspired a project.  I am going to make a quilt (scrap quilt) of my own out of my dads old clothes.  I am also making my brother and sister a pillow quilted out of the scraps.  Better than letting a bunch of dress shirts hang around in the closet, yet I don't have the heart to donate them or toss them.  I think this will be more fitting to my memories of him.

I am exploring the idea of planting peas.  They are a "cold weather" crop and we love love love them in our home.  So, I thought I would try my hand.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment