Thursday, June 16, 2011

Change isn't permenent, but change is.

I have stopped and taken notice of some changes in our household that kind of snuck up on me.  I look around the house. I notice a complete lack of baby items, high chair etc.  I notice the lack of Fisher Price People, socks that stay white for more than a 3 day period, and I have not had the need to purchase sippy cups in a considerable amount of time.  In place of these things now I trip over cords to video game systems, baseball hats, and have Lego pieces embedded in the soft fleshy areas of my poor feet.  When did this happen?  How right B was when he said the first few years will be rough, but before we know it, they will be 5.  Poof!  They are pushing 5 and 6.  E may as well be an old married woman for as domesticated as she is.  H continues to battle the hormones, but will be out of school by this time next year. I noticed a thinning patch on the back of J's head over Memorial Day Weekend.  Stop the world Lord, I wanna get off!  This ride called life goes too fast!

Deep breaths.  I have been having some new experiences associated with these changes.  Moments where a can hear noises I have not heard in some time.  My own breath, the refrigerator hum, a clock tick.  I can be home and go un-noticed for minutes at a time.  I long to be home for the boys, and they have so many better things to do than hang out with me.  Funny how one goes from being willing to gnaw their own leg off to get a moments peace, to wondering where everybody has gone.   So goes life.

No comments:

Post a Comment