Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh those summer nights

Yesterday evening, after an exhausting day at work, E and I came home, cleaned the boys up and headed to a local church festival.  It was "family night" we bought the boys each a $15.00 ticket for unlimited rides from 5-10.  They looked at us in disbelief when we told them to go ahead and pick things to do, as they could ride any ride as many times as they would like.  Oh the smiles!  I think they smiled the entire 3 hours we were there.
A 4 and 5 yr old paradise. Lights, noises, rides, games, cotton candy, french fries, the works.  I was a bit on edge as it was very crowded and having two of them pulling in 9 different directions in addition to all the walking wore me out. It was however, worth every step just to see the looks on their faces.  I think JJ lasted about 10 minutes after his bath before he was out like a light.  William seemed....lost for lack of a better word.  I think it is harder on him having both parents gone 40+ hours a week.  He couldn't seem to fall asleep.  Finally he stood beside my bed in the dark and laid his head on me.  I asked him if he was having trouble, he shook his head yes.  I asked him if he wanted to crawl in with us and he didn't hesitate.  I didn't sleep so well, but at least he rested.  He was still sleeping when I left for work this morning.  I am off at noon and I cannot wait to get home to them.
It is supposed to be 89 and humid today, so I am sure much of my day will be spent playing life guard.

At 6 we are off to A's graduation party.  I spoke with my sister this a.m. We laughed about being over emotional fools, and entertained the idea of a Valium before the festivities....you think I'm kidding?  I warned her I had a raging case of PMS and that is not going to help.  My sis-in-law suggested "tying one on"...again you think I'm kidding? LOL.

Tomorrow Emily wants to check out the Old West End Festival.  Lord, no rest for the weary, but I guess I will go.  I have never been and I heard it is one of the best the city has to offer.






I had better close.  Need to finish up some work here, and make sure my battery for the camera is charged and good to go for later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment